You’ve got to love when your own clients take your product, dissect it and create new ideas, tips and strategies from it. That has happened to me multiple times over the last 12 years I’ve been in business.
This came in last month, a list of the top ten ways my top clients integrate and make the trust-based mindset that we teach a natural part of their thinking.
Why is that so important that it becomes a natural habit?
Because if it’s not your default thinking, you’ll slip back to the old way of selling and when you’re making your sales call, you’ll be thinking to yourself “I hope I get this sale” or “I need to move this conversation to the next step of my sales process”.
You’re trying your best to be “present” with your prospective client, but part of your mindset is still focused on trying to “make the sale”. Playing both sides like that is how you LOSE the sale.
The list is a peek into my client world. This list is on the office walls of my most successful clients, so keep this to yourself.
1. Embrace the Mindset. Be humble and open to the truth of what your prospect is actually thinking.
2. Own Your Problem-Statement. Underline, highlight and study the key words in your problem statement so you can say it without having to read it from a page.
3. Attend Your Coaching Sessions With An Open Mind. When you have your coaching sessions with your UTG coach, come without assumptions and be ready to expand your perceptions of what you believe selling is.
4. Immerse Yourself. Dedicate at least an hour a day to listen to your Unlock The Game trustbased selling CDs.
5. Live The Mindset. In your mind and body, make the decision to feel completely comfortable with exploring the truth and accept the end result the truth brings you.
6. Pull Rather Than Push. Understand that human beings are drawn into others who show they really genuinely care about helping solve problems.
7. Stay Centered and Visualize. Before you pick up the phone, visualize yourself talking to a
good friend and use that same energy to engage your prospect.
8. Adapt The Languaging. Continue to add new words and phrases to your conversations
that you feel create a stronger connection between you and your prospect.
9. Breathe. Take a deep breath and be aware of your breathing before you pick up the phone…you’ll feel a “lift” within yourself and you’ll more easily create a connection on the phone.
10. Focus On The 2-Way Dialogue. Remember that your ability to create a 2-way conversation, rather than a 1-way pitch is the fastest route to creating trust.
The more you make the Mindset a natural part of your thinking, the faster you master the art of building trust.
Make a copy of this check list and keep it close to you on a daily basis.
The more you embrace these strategies, the more you’ll find yourself experiencing new sales opportunities.
To your success,